SEATTLE NEWS INSIDER

SEATTLE NEWS INSIDER
GIVING PEOPLE THE INSIDE SCOOP

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Redmond Man Who Beat Cancer With Miracle Drug Makes Run For State Senate In Washington State


When we first met Andy Hill we were introduced to him as a cancer patient involved in a revolutionary study at the University of Colorado. He takes a simple pill once a day to treat his lung cancer.

Andy suffers no side effects. Just four months in now, scans show his tumor is all but gone.

"I'm cancer free, the last scan they did they couldn't find anything," said Hill.

Andy's been traveling back and forth to Denver getting that experimental drug treatment that's rid his body of lung cancer. Andy is there again tonight away from his family this Easter for a check-up with his doctor.

"I feel better than I have in well over a year," said Hill.

Now, that he's feeling like his old self again Andy is ready for a new fight, a political one. He's running for the State Senate Seat in District 45.

"I've been very fortunate and I think that I've been really concerned about the State of Washington and about my kids and I think I've got an opportunity now to help and serve them a little bit," said Hill.

A political campaign can be long and tiring, but his wife Molly says even after all he's been through he has the energy to do it.

"He's running, he's exercising, and he's put all his weight back on, his hair back on. So, I actually think it gives him more purpose," said Hill.

Andy says his monthly trips to Denver for treatment won't hurt his ability to campaign, and whatever the outcome he's excited about starting a new chapter in his life.

"The further I get into it, the more energized I become," said Hill.

Right now, no one is running against Hill in the Republican primary in August. If everything stays the same he'll try to unseat Democrat Eric Oemig in the general election in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
Television And Social Media Journalist
Powered By Blogger