SEATTLE NEWS INSIDER

SEATTLE NEWS INSIDER
GIVING PEOPLE THE INSIDE SCOOP

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Community Mourns For Child Killed In Car Crash Cops Investigate Mom

A community continues to grieve for a 7 year old boy that was killed in a tragic car crash in Arlington. Investigators say the boy's mother was driving yesterday afternoon with her children when she wrecked her truck.

On Sunday loved ones like Lisa Mosby came to the spot where Isaiah Forbes died to remember his spirit and wonderful smile.

"But, I have been crying for the last couple of hours because he was a very good little boy," said Mosby.

The pain of Isaiah's death hit Mosby the hardest when she walked to the place where the little boy she's known for years was killed.

"Always got hugs from him before and after, I'm gonna miss those hugs definitely," said Mosby.

Snohomish County Sheriff's Deputies say the 7 year olds mother hit a utility pole and flipped her truck on McRae Road Saturday afternoon. The crash happened right in front of Gene Connor's house.

"The lady was kind of running around panicking and asking people to get her kids out of the truck," said Connor.

The mother, her 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter suffered non-life threatening injuries. But, Isaiah was partially ejected from the truck and killed. Gene Connor said it was horrible to see.

"It wasn't anything I enjoyed watching, but it was just something I didn't really want to see here in my own front yard," said Connor.

Deputies are questioning whether the children were wearing seatbelts. They're also investigating if the mother was under the influence witness's smelled alcohol at the scene. She also fought with Deputies and paramedics who tried to take her to the hospital. Lisa Mosby believes her friend was in shock.

"I can't imagine being in her shoes sober or drunk I could have probably reacted exactly the same way. I don't know if she was drinking I hope she wasn't," said Mosby.

Lisa says Isaiah loved playing football and spending time with his family in the outdoors.

"They rode quads, motorcycles, horses, I mean there wasn't anything he didn't like he was just fun loving full of life," said Mosby.

Lisa says Isaiah's family is in pain and regardless of what Deputies determine caused the deadly crash she is sticking by them.

"I know that I'm going to try to be there for them for everything they need as much support as I can give that's what friends do," said Mosby.

No word as of yet what type of charges Isaiah's mother could face. Lisa says the family is grieving in private with other family members tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
Television And Social Media Journalist
Powered By Blogger